Skip directly to content

Chanel’s 2010-11 Cruise Collection Presentation

• Jane Reeves's picture
    Started by
    (11 Jun '10)

May 11, Chanel’s 2010-11 cruise collection has been performed in Saint-Tropez. The performance was saturated with the spirit of 70s. The movie Remember Now promoting the collection has been presented.

Every year, a place of Karl Lagerfeld’s collection presentation obtains a role of a decoration which helps to maintain the atmosphere of a new collections’s story. This time, Chanel has stayed devoted to its native land: its 2010-11 cruise collection has been presented in Saint-Tropez, France. Right now I am writing a series of custom research papers about France, and this performance inspires

Category:
Jane Reeves's picture
on June 11, 2010 - 10:28pm

May 11, Chanel’s 2010-11 cruise collection has been performed in Saint-Tropez. The performance was saturated with the spirit of 70s. The movie Remember Now promoting the collection has been presented.

Every year, a place of Karl Lagerfeld’s collection presentation obtains a role of a decoration which helps to maintain the atmosphere of a new collections’s story. This time, Chanel has stayed devoted to its native land: its 2010-11 cruise collection has been presented in Saint-Tropez, France. Right now I am writing a series of custom research papers about France, and this performance inspires me much.

I admire the fact that Chanel always stays up to date and at the same beyond time. Within his collection performance, Lagerfeld has played with time and space: the models appeared as they arrived to the party. Georgia May Jagger riding a Harley chopper to the sound of the Rolling Stones’ hit incarnated young Brigitte Bardot. The smell of the 70s dominated during the whole performance. I have just written a custom essay about fashion of 1970, and I think it was very charming.

The collection was saturated with a spirit of luxury and relaxation simultaneously, which is incredibly consonant to the atmosphere dominating in Saint-Tropez. Maxi-dresses, “gypsy skirts” and bikinis, bracelets and wide-brimmed hats, the traditional elements of a cruise collection, were present at Chanel’s performance. Monochrome alternated with 70s-like psychedelic prints and stripes. With their light make up and beach hairdos, barefoot and holding sandals in their hands, the models walked along the improvised podium. Summer-like, Chanel-like, and Lagerfeld-like.
Karl Lagerfeld amazes me as an incredibly many-sided person. Besides his main occupation, he has performed his skills in photography and drawing. He owns a gallery and a collection of rare books. This time, Lagerfeld has not limited himself by choosing an appropriate place and creating unforgettable entourage. The collection has been supported by a 16-minute movie Remember Now: young and beautiful, the characters of Lagerfeld’s story do their thing at a hot night party. Having watched a movie in full, you will be awarded: it ends with Lagerfeld’s spectacular appearance.

Pictures

Forum category: