Skip directly to content

My Guppy Fish is the Most Receptive Listener

• James Davis_2's picture
    Started by
    (01 Jul '10)

Fish is considered to be one of the silliest creatures, but I cannot agree with it. I insist that it can feel strong attachment to another fish or people. It is always silent and does not express its feelings, but it is the most receptive listener in the world.
    I remember the day when my brother presented me with a small guppy fish. I was in the seventh heaven that day. But my parents said that I could not take care of myself and a poor creature was doomed to starvation. But I changed for the better when I realized that this tiny living being depended on me. Every week I cleaned the aquarium.

Category:
James Davis_2's picture
on July 1, 2010 - 10:02am

Fish is considered to be one of the silliest creatures, but I cannot agree with it. I insist that it can feel strong attachment to another fish or people. It is always silent and does not express its feelings, but it is the most receptive listener in the world.
I remember the day when my brother presented me with a small guppy fish. I was in the seventh heaven that day. But my parents said that I could not take care of myself and a poor creature was doomed to starvation. But I changed for the better when I realized that this tiny living being depended on me. Every week I cleaned the aquarium. I was interested in fish food and temperature of water comfortable for fish.
I took a fancy to my fish, and it seemed to reciprocate my feelings. Once I had to work on a research paper and did not pay attention to my guppy. Perhaps, I forgot to feed it that day. When the paper was completed at last, I came up to my aquarium. The fish remained motionless. I thought that it ignored me because it was hurt with my inattentiveness. We made peace next morning. But in a week I had to expand an academic writing and felt really bad about it, as because of it I had no time to clean the aquarium. Then I bought another guppy fish, and they did not feel so lonely anymore

Aquarium after I cleaned it.

Forum category: